Dang...

Posted by Stitchblade | 10:29 AM Sep 24, 2007

Ok I have really skipped out on the blog here lately. I have an excuse (several in fact) though. First my washing machine died. I cloth diaper so I have been hand washing diapers like mad. Then I went back to work tattooing (after taking a few years off to have some babies), if you are in the DFW area come see me at my new job and get some fresh new ink! Contact me for details on that. THEN I was able to go out on Saturday. I mean REALLY go out. I was even able to have a few drinks and relax. I never get to go out and it was great. My husband (common law for those that want to be technical about it all) is in a Rock n Roll band and they played. It was awesome! Then yesterday my DRYER BROKE! What the hell! I bought the washer and dryer at the same time and they are less than 5 years old. Then they die within a few weeks of each other? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. So this week I HOPE to go get a set to replace. I think I am going to buy a used set because the older machines seem to last much longer than the new ones these days. I need to sew. I have signed up for a swap and everything has to be mailed on the 26th, today is the 24th. Nothing like waiting til the last minute to put your creativity to the test. I will get that done sometime today since tomorrow I have to work. What else has been keeping me busy??? OH we have been doing Bento. My oldest loves doing it with me. The little ones are eating things they would not normally eat. My oldest gets all kinds of comments from her school friends and teachers and loves that. There is a great seller on Etsy called Bento Baby and she makes some great bags to carry your bento boxes in. We got the Monkey and he is so darn cute. Be sure to check out her stuff!

| , | 4 comments »

4 comments

  1. ~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions // September 24, 2007 at 4:06 PM  

    Oh no! Sorry you've had such a crappy week. Sucks about your washer and dryer. We CD, too... and I can't imagine how tough it would be to have to wash them by hand. I hope you can get a new set. And if I lived closer, I'd totally let you give me a tattoo! ^.^

    Turtles are not *that* hard to care for. Getting their aquarium set up can be a bit tough at first, since they need a cool place to burrow, water to splash in, and a place to bask (under a UV light). And they need quite a bit of room... I have mine in one of those HUGE storage totes. I feed them every other day, as well as change their water (they poo in the water). Mist them 2x a day. Make sure to remember to turn the lamp on and off at the same time each day.

    My old turtle, Dandelion, was a red-eared slider and was more of an aquatic turtle. Her tank was mostly water with a basking spot. They need a heavy-duty filter as they poo A LOT! (I don't remember how much I spent on my pump + all the filters... it was insane, though.)

    Anyways, sorry for writing a novel on your comments! :-P

  2. 'Cuz I Felt Like It! // October 1, 2007 at 7:56 PM  

    What's a beneto? Somethin' fer sumbudy with 18 kids?

  3. Stitchblade // October 2, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

    GAWD..I only have ONE more than you

  4. LLYYNN - Lynn Davis // November 20, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

    Originally from DFW, good to see another creative person from the Etsy Street Team in that area, 'tho I'm in St. Louis now.
    http://z-llyynn.blogspot.com/
    http://www.lynndavis.etsy.com
    LLYYNN