'Cuz I felt like it...shes awesome......

Posted by Stitchblade | 9:34 AM Aug 28, 2007


This......


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We have been friends for OVER a decade....I like saying that...decade. She rocks my world, and she can rock yours too! See the goodies above that she sent me in the mail? She makes all my clothing labels for me too! She hates doing it but she still does cause she rocks like that! Here is an interview with Jessica so you can get to know her better!



Tell me about you and your family......

I've been married for 12 years to a totally dreamy boy! I love his workin' man hands!
I have an almost 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. My kids draw some of the crazy creations I stitch up!

What is your store name and link?
'Cuz I Felt Like It!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5163580

What do you specialize in?
Awesome felt creations and everything else I felt like doin'! Catchy huh?
I make monsters, bears, barrettes, keychains, ornaments.....old kinds of stuff using felt. GOOD felt. I use only wool felt or plush felt which can be a bit expensive, but the difference is WELL worth it!
I also make some pretty cool aprons out of vintage pillowcases. Everyone that has gotten one has loved it!





How did you get started?
I've always had a bit of craftiness in me. I come from it! It's what we do! I really got started though when a friend of mine asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, and whamo it hit me! I love making things. Me. With my hands. Making things!

What do you love about your business?
It's all me!

What is your favorite product right now?
My Battle Scarred Bears! They're so pitifully cute! I have TONS of them and I love the next one even more than the one before! They just keep gettin' cuter and cuter. I mean really, who wouldn't just fall in love with a little bear that's missing an arm, a leg, an eye or maybe even all three!
I think I really got the idea for them from seeing all these men and women going off to war and not returning as whole as they were when they left, whether it be mentally of physically and they're still loved just as much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


What makes your shop different?
I'm doing this out of pure enjoyment. I just want people to see something I made and fall in love with it. I'm not just mass producing. A lot of thought goes into everything I do. I think also it's really cool that my kids help out with some ideas!

What do you love about handcrafts?
The blood sweat and tears that comes out of it! I've had all of it! Blood from poking my fingers over and over and over. I jabbed the heck outta my hand once with a seam ripper, then the tears came and it can get dang hot in my "sweat shop" as I call it. Especially working with wool felt and having an iron on....HOT!!! Plus there's not a lot better feeling then when someone truly appreciates something that you can up with all by your little lonesome (or maybe with a little help from the kids!).

What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create?
I have a myspace page where I try to keep pictures of everything I'm doing. You can check it out at here

What are some of your favorite online shops?
Stitchblade of course! She makes some really cute dresses and bibs and she has some mad sewing skills! I've never seen such straight lines on something hand sewn!
This is LoriK...she does some pretty sweet quilting! Check out her corndog potholder!!
This is "that jewelry girl"...I'm not much of a jewelry fan, but her stuff is very feminine with a vintage flare! I love her stuff! I will have one of her necklaces!
This is Pigsy Art....One word...Insultlets!!!!
This is One Ugly Baby....one of her "shower arts" had the word assface....that's like my favorite word!

There's TONS more but I'll leave it at that!

Buy something from my shop and mention that you heard about me from Stitchblade and you'll get free shippin' yo!

XOXOXOXOXOX
Jessica
'Cuz I Felt Like It!
*********Awesome! Also wanted to add that Jessica was featured on one of the winning Etsy posters! Check it out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



| , , , | 3 comments »

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // August 28, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

    Love it! I want friends like that!

  2. 'Cuz I Felt Like It! // August 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

    You have such a way of making me look so awesome! Oh wait, I am AWESOME! I love you....cuz you're awesome too!

  3. Stitchblade // August 31, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

    Awe shucks....