Texas is HOT...and has crazy bugs!

Posted by Stitchblade | 3:54 PM Aug 15, 2007

I don't think I will ever get used to this Texas weather. Its insanely hot!!! I was just outside taking pictures of my newest tote/purse. Its that same fabric I have been sewing with for the last few days. I'll be sad when its gone. Here is the bag....


Then I figured I would take a picture of the critter that has been living next to my porch swing for the last week. Spiders are BIG in Texas...apparently this is a little one for the kind he is, he is also missing a leg. He just stays in this one spot and never moves. He is kind of pretty....as far as spiders go.....

He is no where near as big and scary as the spider (click) that was in my kitchen a few weeks back! This is not the actual spider that was in my kitchen, but its the same kind. I just want you to see how big and scary they are. They are often mistaken by people as tarantulas, but they are fishing spiders. I almost stepped on it, now every night I am so afraid to walk in the dark! It was bigger than my hand!

| , | 2 comments »

2 comments

  1. PlayVentura // August 24, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

    Hey, Stitchblade! Love your blog, but gotta tell ya, its not a fishing spider! Its a "garden spider." Google some images for this and you'll see they are known for that zig-zag in their webs. They are really COOL spiders, except for their eating habits of course, they eat their mates after THE ACT! Their webs are also not so fun to smack into when you are chasing your kids through the woods, they take FOREVER to get out of you hair and clothes! PV

  2. Stitchblade // August 24, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

    LOL yea, I meant the one that was in my house was a fishing spider. I didn't take a picture of the spider that was in my house so I linked to a picture on the net. It was HUGE, and resembled a tarantula. The spider that I posted a picture of lives on our porch and never moves from that area. Thank you!