One of those Mondays

Posted by Stitchblade | 11:58 PM Jul 28, 2008

Today was one of those Mondays. You know, the one where you have all of these things planned to get done and none of them happen? Yea it was one of those days....BUT I did accomplish things I did not have planned.
I went to Piggly Wiggly first thing and was there before everyone else and was able to score TONS of meat marked way down. There are not many of these around anymore it seems. I love going there because of the markdowns on meat, produce and dairy. The produce guy was bagging ripe bananas as well so we grabbed a bag of those and he gave Lauren a banana just cause. You don't get that treatment at the bigger stores.
Then I went to CVS and Walgreens and got free mini touch glucose monitors, one from each store. These will go to my friend Tereasa whose son has Juvenile Diabetes. They are so much cooler than the monitor I had to use. Small and shiny. After that I went to Kroger and made out pretty well with the $5 off of of 10 items deal. I did the deal twice and saved even more after all of my coupons. After the paying I was looking over my receipt and one item rang up higher than it should have, so I got cash back and that item was free.
Now its after midnight and I really should be sleeping but I do need to let you know about a contest going on over at Thrifty Jinxy. Enter to Win Thrifty Jinxy's Summer Fitness Package!
Thrifty Jinxy has a great summer fitness package to give away. The prize includes a water bottle, Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, St. Ive's Healthy Brilliance lotion and the book "The Delinquent Fairy's Thoughts on Exercise". So go enter!!!

| , , | 0 comments »

0 comments