Sewing swimsuits

Posted by Stitchblade | 7:25 PM Sep 28, 2008

I figure if I want to have them done for next summer that I probably should start figuring this out now. Have any of you ever sewn swimwear? My idea is to sew the girls really cool 1950's style children's swimsuits, you know...ones that actually COVER. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. If you have a horror story and want to tell me just to forget it then that would be good too, I sure don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

| , | 6 comments »

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

    Teflon foot and good thread! Just sayin'.

  2. Melanie // September 28, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

    I have no clue how to help, lol, I'm not good at stretchy stuffs. But good luck and I want to see some pictures!

  3. Anonymous // September 29, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

    I know nuffin bout birthin' no swimsuits.

    But I do have one word for you: polka dots!

    Oops, that's two.

  4. 'Cuz I Felt Like It! // September 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

    Seriously? You're gonna sew swimsuits? You're nuts!

  5. Stitchblade // September 29, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

    Yea maybe a little nuts....oh and polka dots sounds perfect!

  6. Lori // September 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

    I can't even sew a curve much less a curve that would look great on a body! Best of luck!